Do you have an account?
Why create an account?
After creating an account you will :
- have access to the “favourites” feature,
- be able to download certain data published by RTE,
- have access to forms (PKI certificate, EIC code, Customer questionnaire - KYC),
- have access to notifications.
If you are an RTE customer, feel free to contact your administrator so that he or she can give you access to your company’s services.
+ Get additional revenue by supplying voltage system services to RTE.
What is voltage control?
RTE controls voltage on the network so as to ensure that equipment behaves correctly and that the system works properly overall. Numerous factors can interfere with this equilibrium (seasonal cycles, random variations in consumption, outages, etc.).
As a generator, you are required to provide RTE with your voltage control capacities. The aim: to ensure fine and fast dynamic voltage control so as to maintain it within its normal operating range and to prevent voltage collapses.
Participating in voltage control
Your participation is defined on the basis of the constructive capacities of your installation. You participate in voltage control for each coupling period, providing the reactive power range so that voltage can be controlled at the connection point.
The characteristics and performances of the voltage control functions expected of your installations are described in the technical reference documentation (chapter 4.2, French only).
Contracting with RTE
- When you are connected up, you agree to the Voltage System Services Terms and Conditions (French only) to get a remuneration for providing voltage control capacities. These rules have been approved by the French national regulatory authority (CRE). They set forth the contractual, financial and technical terms and conditions.
- You will also have access to the RTE information service in accordance with the terms described in the document: Information on access to the RTE Voltage System Services IT Terms and Conditions (French only).
- The technical terms for your installation are defined in your connection agreement and your operation and management agreement.
RTE pays you a fixed component and a variable component, depending on the terms and conditions defined in the terms and conditions. Payment is based on the size of installation (reactive power range) and the type of voltage control (primary or secondary).
- Technical Reference Documentation (chapter 4.2) (in French)
- Voltage System Services Terms and Conditions (in French)
- Voltage System Services IT Terms and Conditions (in French)
- Connection agreement model
- Operation and management agreement model
For any questions, please contact your usual account manager.